Dartmoor Gliding News-Saturday 27th December 2014

Dartmoor Gliding pilots communicate with each other about club matters via a forum. Leading up to Christmas various posts on the Forum suggested that there would not be anyone at the airfield today.

Following club standard procedure established during my tenure as chairman, I made my way to the airfield to ensure that any visitors or members who did turn up would find us open.

David and Rick at work on the winches
I was surprised to see the gates already open when I arrived. Rick Wiles, David Bourchier and Allan Holland were at work on the winches. The weather did not look very promising with low cloud so I left them to their labours rather than encouraging us to fly.

Low cloud and frequent showers made this a non flying day

Later, Colin Boyd arrived to continue fettling the new K13.

By the time that the sun had started to go down, the temperature had plummeted and we made a quick exit.

Tomorrow looks promising

Steve

No comments: