Dartmoor Gliding visits Mary Tavy

On Saturday 19th September, if you didn't know it already, Dartmoor Gliding joined the 'Mary Tavy Community Matters' event in the recreation field in Mary Tavy. I showed my syndicate Open Cirrus at the event and had plenty of interest all day from 10-4 - at times I even had a queue of people wanting to talk to me about gliding.

The Open Cirrus attracting attention 
Many of the visitors were used to seeing us in the sky's and wanted to get closer to seeing what we look like - including the gliders... I even sold one voucher to a very enthusiastic junior Aflie Petherbridge, care of his grandfather. When he books in for his trial flight, I will try and be there to see him off.

"If only I was a little bigger"
Many others, including Richard, who is a retired Vulcan bomber navigator living in Mary Tavy said they would definitely be seeing us at the club some time soon. Since we only have about 2000 in the village I'm surprised I didn't know of him already.

"It's my turn next"
A great day, and thanks to Simon Collier for helping to rig and then after flying, returned again to help me de-rig.

Mike Gadd

No comments: