Sunday 18th March 2012

We weren't sure of what the conditions would bring today but a hardy bunch were raring to go. As it turned out, it was changeable day. We were sometimes looking up at nice puffy cumulus, then rain would come through followed by clear skies. If you timed it right there were soaring opportunities but but the Northerly was blowing them away quite quickly.

We had a reasonably good start to the day with the first launch at 10:15 am seeing Roger Applebloom having a check flight with Don followed by three more solo's. I tried the Zugvogel out for size with my first flight on type. Needless to say, 'trying it out for size' being the operative statement. My head was touching the canopy until I settled myself further back in the cockpit and after a circuit and landing, Richard (my son) couldn't contain his laughter when I couldn't get back out again!

Grumpy trying the Zugvogel on.
I decide to jump in the K8 and managed to get a further 5 launches to complete my bronze
Bronze Completed !
 C.Leith Whittington, Shrek and Dave Parker continued their training with Don in BVBWith Dave and Don achieving the longest flight of the day Flight with 30 minutes. Martin took BVB for a trial lesson with John Gill. Roger Applebloom continued his progression at lightning speed by converting to the K8. Richard Williamson and Phil Hardwick flew the Zug after I took over from Phil for the afternoon shift on the winch.

Only 25 launches but a good day was had by all.

Nigel

No comments: