Saturday 18th August 2012

As I approached the airfield I was singing one of my favourite Dire Straits songs “ Brothers-in-arms” at the top of my voice.
These mist covered mountains
Are a home now for me
But my home is the lowlands
And always will be”

And what prompted this sudden artistic outburst? You guessed it the airfield was shrouded in fog. ( The BBC weather girl had suggested a little mist ). Well I couldn’t see the mist through the fog.

The usual suspects were in attendance. Rick Wiles was working on the winches and cables assisted by Chris Matten. Matthew Wiles and myself spent several hours completing the grass cutting.

CFI Don, gave a lecture about Navigation and charts to the assembled low hours / trainee pilots. ( This was probably prompted by the fact that we needed GPS to find the edges of the airfield ).

By mid afternoon the sky had cleared enough for a few training flights including some Bronze flying test cable breaks for Will.

Good weather soon please !!!

Steve

No comments: