Careful examination of the forecast and the airfield conditions revealed a possible flying window early on Saturday. The airfield was very wet after weeks of rain but today it was so cold that the ground was frozen and therefore usable, at least, until it defrosts. There is an occluded front forecast to arrive early afternoon. So an early start was required and members responded to the call and had the aircraft out and the winch set up by 9:30am. Excellent. After a short delay to get on top of canopy misting it was game on.
|The frozen airfield looking towards the winch|
|The K13's basking in the sun waiting for canopies to clear|
|Andy Davey preparing in the K8|
|David Archer ready for a training flight with Rick Wiles|
|The view was breathtaking - This photo taken by me|
|Steve Fletcher enjoyed the same by the same view|