Dartmoor Gliding News-Monday 24th January 2022

A phone call from Richard late Sunday evening told me that there was a late change of plan. Instead of coming  to pick up the engine from the old ML winch on Monday afternoon they wanted to pick it up on Monday at 9.00 am! Everything had been arranged for Monday afternoon, 

Unfortunately Scratch couldn’t get there before about 1030 and Dave Stacey had agreed to get there at 1300. I arrived at the club at 9.00 as the truck from the buyer arrived behind me. I managed to find Dave on his farm busy tractoring at 9.30 and he came up straight away. Dave and the truck driver under specific instructions from me helped me open the hangar and get the K8 out of the way. Using the Manotou the engine was picked up and placed on the truck in no time. Then we carefully put the K8 away. Scratch arrived at 1030 to find us all finished so he then single handedly put the radiator back on the red tractor and got it all working. 

The ML winch engine finally on it's way
Just another working day at Dartmoor gliding!

Steve Fletcher

No comments: